scHammond Advisors is dedicated to improving the financial management and governance of organizations, their staff, and their board members. We want to help companies and nonprofits run better, top to bottom.
Financial Management Improvement
One of the leading problems with all organizations, for profit and non-profit, is no one understands how to read and use the financial information. This leads to uninformed and poor decision-making.
It’s not rocket-science and you don’t need to become an accountant to understand financial information. Rather, you need to know what you should be reviewing and how frequently. We can work with you to evaluate your monthly financial reporting, develop dashboards of key metrics, and train staff and board members on how to read financial statements. We can help people one-on-one or in groups.
Improved understanding of financial information leads to:
- Informed decision-making resulting in timely and cost-effective decisions.
- Improved cashflow management.
- Improved budgeting and forecasting.
- Prevention of fraud and embezzlement.
- Staff development and accountability.
If you have a board of directors or trustees, we can also help you address board governance issues through board education, coaching for board chairs, and advising on executive director/board relationships. We also provide benchmarks for how effective boards look and act and teach you how to structure board roles and activity for maximum impact. For executive directors we can coach you on how to manage your organization more effectively.
Improved governance leads to:
- A more informed and engaged board.
- An effective board chair and CEO relationship.
- Easier recruitment of new board members.
- Board and staff accountability.
Improved understanding of financial information and good governance go hand-in-hand to create better performing organizations.